April trip is on

Home / Forums / Hart-Sheldon Hot Springs / April trip is on
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • doug_id
    March 27, 2015 at 6:28 pm #1212

Looking at saturday april 25th am departure from French Glenn hotel. Right now is a solo trip but company is welcome if your looking for an adventurec and are willing to carry a 12 pack of beer ;-). Any major rain event in the forecast for that week will cause a change in plans however. Not a good place to be when it’s wet it seems. Looking to complete loop in 5-6 days.

Doug

Donnie
    March 28, 2015 at 9:01 am #1213

Doug,

Conditions are shaping up great for this route. Let me know how it goes, what you think, and if you have any desire to write something up for the website and/or share some photos, I’d love it. Cheers, and good luck!

Donnie

doug_id
    March 28, 2015 at 3:18 pm #1215

Hi Donnie,

Sure thing on the writeup and photos. Hopefully the weather cooperates. I just had to pick a date and hope. Taking the 29+ Krampug.

Doug

doug_id
    March 30, 2015 at 8:30 am #1216

Hi Donnie,

It’s not marked on the map as a water source but what are your thoughts on the rock creek res at mile 214 on the map for water/camping? It looks to be fairly substantial. I hoping to get the last night of camping somewhere in that stretch.

Thx!
    Doug

Donnie
    March 30, 2015 at 2:09 pm #1217

You can see the reservoir in the photo:

Hart-Sheldon Hot Springs Route

I really can’t remember much about it as far as whether there was public access, etc. One map I have shows BLM along the southern and eastern boundaries, the rest being private land. It is pretty exposed to the weather, as you can see from the photo.

Assuming you are camping at the Hart Mtn Hot Springs, its a pretty reasonably 50 mile ride back to Frenchglen from there.

doug_id
    March 30, 2015 at 2:31 pm #1218

Thx Donnie,

Yea not sure exact stops, etc yet but nice to have a water option there. Looks big enough I would think there would be some water in it when I ride by 🙂

Doug

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.