early 2018

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • IanR
    March 28, 2018 at 5:38 pm #1698

I spent two nights out on this route in early February of 2018. Great trail for all skill levels. I love the way the trains light up the canyons at night. This is definitely a high traffic area, I was hoping to beat the seasonal crowds but alas, I crossed paths with someone every 20 minutes or so.
    This route seems like a great warm up to the Oregon Stampede route. I plan to do that in the coming weeks.

miah66
    May 8, 2018 at 9:05 pm #1702
      I second your take. Lots of trains, lots of ppl, but still a really fun and beautiful ride.
    krita
    June 27, 2018 at 7:58 am #1708

My friend and I are planning to do this trail in a couple weeks for our first ever bikepacking trip. We are both road riders (touring and commuting and riding to happy hours) with some mountain biking experience. I recently bought my first Salsa and a bit of gear. What advice would you have for us on this trail. I’ve read about the goat heads and punctures…any extra advice with this? We are planning to be out for two nights. Where would you camp? Any and all advice greatly appreciated.

IanR
    June 27, 2018 at 9:34 am #1709

I’f it’s your first bikepacking trip, the best I can say is take your time and enjoy the area. It’s gonna be hot out there so bring extra water and really watch out for snakes getting some sun in the road. I was out there again at the beginning of June,there’s currently a campfire ban until October 12, camp stoves only.
    I personally haven’t experienced a flat tire in this area. my friend did while he was descending the only downhill part, but that was a pinch from running too low of pressure.
    good luck, have fun.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.