May 16 trip

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • brucecannon
    May 1, 2015 at 2:46 pm #1301

Thanks for the update Donnie, I’m looking forward to seeing the broad dry expanses of this adventurous route on the #HartSheldonHotSprings. I’m riding again with the same group of Ashland/Medford friends that I rode the #oregonoutback with last year just before the big weekend. Our loop will be a bit modified, and starting on the south end at Virgin Valley HS in NV and dipping a bit further into the Antelope refuge before continuing clockwise. You may see lots of activity on RWGPS user AdventureRider — he’s charting all this out.
    So that dry stretch into Funnel — that will come for us after a dry camp around Slickey lake, so it sounds like we’ll have to stay dry after that camp till we get deep into Nevada. Do you think we’ll see any water along the Catlow rim between Frenchglen and Slickey — any of those streams that come down across that southbound stretch that might have some recoverable moisture in them?

brucecannon
    May 14, 2015 at 3:12 pm #1456

Ah, turns out that we will NOT be doing this loop on this wet weekend. Called the ranger out there and he said they’ve got enough rain to make several sections impassable. We’ll be looking for another 250 mile loop now somewhere down in that drought-ridden state south of us. Perhaps pick up some of the routing that they did from Reno to Mendocino last year.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.