OO Conditions?

Home / Forums / Oregon Outback / OO Conditions?
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • cristerbrady
    April 16, 2017 at 1:23 pm #1658

Hi Folks,

My partner and I plan to ride from Prineville South to Klamath Falls starting in Mid-May and taking 5 days to do the 225ish miles of the route. Does anyone know the current conditions? Has anyone done an early season ride already this year?
    Thanks for any information!

thefnordling
    April 22, 2017 at 5:03 pm #1659

I am planning on riding the full route in late may early june. Would like to hear about your ride and course conditions on on the trip. Have a great time!

kmaxphoto
    May 16, 2017 at 9:50 pm #1660

We’ll be hitting this route starting over Memorial Day weekend. Would like to know if anyone has any notes on the conditions recently.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by  kmaxphoto.
    Cardboard
    May 31, 2017 at 11:36 pm #1665

Also interested in any notes on road conditions. I plan on doing this mid June.

kmaxphoto
    June 4, 2017 at 12:57 pm #1667

We got back late last week after doing the route in 4 days. Road conditions are very good. The red sauce section in the Deschutes is entirely manageable, especially with 2″ tires. There was a guy doing it on 35c or 38c tires and he had some trouble, but really nothing horrendous. There’s water flowing all along Trout Creek down to Ashwood. One thing to note that would have been helpful for us: the store in Beatty closes at 6pm all days. Same with the General Store in Shaniko. We slept in the covered area in Shaniko with no problems. As of early June, all the gravel on the last day’s riding from Shaniko to the Columbia Gorge is in great shape.

Here’s a full album of photos from the trip. Feel free to send me a PM for more info.
    A 360-mile bikepacking epic from the California border to the Washington border through the Oregon Outback

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.