Outback in early December on a Vaya Ti w/ 41c tires?

Home / Forums / Oregon Outback / Outback in early December on a Vaya Ti w/ 41c tires?
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • jbennett
    October 28, 2015 at 5:07 pm #1643

I’m desperately looking for a longer bikepacking route(s) for the first part of December. Something over 500 miles, even if it means patching together a few different routes and riding between them. At this time, my available bike is a 2016 Vaya Ti w/ the Surly Knard 41c tires.

I’ve taken this set-up through the western section of the Maroon-Bells/Snowmass Recreational area, on steep gravel roads and downhill on some super gnarly logging roads and absolutely loved every single minute of it. https://www.strava.com/activities/378241418/segments/9042705585

My first question is how is the Oregon Outback route during the first part of December? How is the Barlow trail as well? Thinking of linking the two, or something similar if riding around Mt. Hood isn’t such a great idea for the first part of December.

My second question is how would my available bike choice handle these routes?

I’m coming from Dallas, Tx, so I’m not overly familiar with the intricacies of the climate or the during this time of year. I will actually be visiting Portland Wednesday through Sunday of next week, so if driving part of this route is possible without an overnight, I can make that happen as well.

Any info, details, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! As a roadie, I absolutely don’t mind road riding, I’m just looking to not do 100% road touring currently.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.