Types of Wallets and Their Use

Home / Forums / Oregon Outback / Types of Wallets and Their Use

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • bespristrasten
    January 31, 2020 at 3:16 am #2524

Hot Wallet vs. Cold Wallet
    The difference between these two types of crypto wallets is straightforward.
    Best bitcoin wallet list here.

A hot cryptocurrency wallet only works with the connection to the internet, while a cold Bitcoin wallet works offline. However, there is a little more to the difference between the two types of virtual wallets.

As a hot crypto wallet operates within the framework of the internet, such Bitcoin wallet is vulnerable to different types of attacks. When you work with a hot BTC wallet, there is always a risk of your data being stolen. At the same time, such wallets are the primary choice among users. Exodus, Trustee and Electrum are such wallets.

A cold Bitcoin wallet is used for “cold” storage of cryptocurrency and therefore have a higher level of protection.

The type of virtual wallet you choose entirely depends on your needs. If you need to make a lot of small transactions, a hot wallet is a better choice for you. On the contrary, if you need to store vast amounts of a cryptocurrency over a long period, it makes sense to choose a cold wallet with a higher level of security protocols.

Eglamour Rivers
    July 2, 2020 at 1:02 pm #63564

Thanks very much indeed. I prefer using traditional Binance if that matters. And what do you think of Bitcoin games from https://duckdice.io site? They now have a forum where you can share your achievements. You can google my results if you wish, there is nothing to complain about. So this website has become a reason for me to start loving Bitcoin!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.